Friday 16 October 2009

Danger Mouse RIP


I was saddened last week, as I am sure were thousands of us who are Danger Mouse fans, at the news that Cosgrove Hall have closed their doors for the last time.

Cosgrove Hall were always one of the most exciting animation studios in the UK based in Manchester, and always turned out good animated entertainment. As a young teenager I had the silhouette of DM painted in my wardrobe door, and I suppose in some way, good old DM (and Penfold of course) helped me through my adolescence.

Their cartoons of the 1970's and 1980's seemed so irreverent and anarchic, with good stories and funny silly animation. Their work has always been unique and always resisted the temptation to look like everyone elses work.

A sad day for British animation :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment